US STANDARD COST: $1,306 (see proof)
SUGGESTED BUDGET: $200
YOUR SAVINGS: $1,106
The rehearsal dinner is an opportunity to personally thank your close friends and family for their involvement in your cheap wedding, and it’s an opportunity to chill out before the big event. It’s often an intimate time that allows for personal speeches and quality time with each other.
The rehearsal dinner guest list can include just your immediate families, the wedding party, and the officiant and his spouse. Or the rehearsal dinner can be a larger event including all the out-of-town guests. The extent of your guest list will depend on your personal preferences and budget.
The rehearsal dinner is typically paid for by the bride and groom or by their parents. As you’re on a cheap wedding budget there are several options that will allow you to enjoy a great rehearsal dinner at a low price:
• Have a barbeque in at a friend or family member’s home.
• Organize a simple finger food buffet at a friend or family member’s home. You can easily pick up finger food from a grocery store, ensuring minimum stress and low cost.
• Hold a pot-luck dinner, and ask that each guest bring a dish. You could even ask people to bring dishes that are family favorites, dishes that have a story from your pasts, or dishes that represent places you’ve visited as a couple.
• Have a picnic. If your cheap wedding is taking place during summer or spring this can be a fun and informal way to celebrate with your loved ones.
• Chose an all-you-can-eat buffet or inexpensive restaurant. There are lots of budget friendly options that provide a set menu for about $10. Holding your rehearsal dinner at lunchtime might allow you to make major savings.
The important thing to remember is that your rehearsal dinner is about you spending quality time with the people you love. Even if your rehearsal dinner is informal and inexpensive it can still be a great occasion, and one that makes many special memories.
It’s well worth enlisting the help of a friend or family member who would love to support you by contributing their time and skills to preparing a cheap wedding rehearsal dinner. Delegating this event might be a great way of involving someone you love in your special event!